Wüsthof® - The Company
Since 1814 WÜSTHOF has set the standard for designing and manufacturing precision-forged knives.
WÜSTHOF knives are forged from a single blank of high carbon no-stain steel, a specially alloyed steel. WÜSTHOF knives are created using 40 manufacturing steps from forging to tempering, to grinding and polishing. Quality made in Solingen – Germany.
WÜSTHOF'S Precision Edge Technology, PEtec, offers superior blade sharpness and has set the new standard for modern cutlery.
Conventionally hand-sharpened knives are plagued by irregularities that diminish the blade’s sharpness and overall performance. Through a proprietary process inclusive of computer-controlled robotics, WÜSTHOF'S PEtec yields a smoother, more refined edge with dramatically increased sharpness and sharpness retention along the entire length of the blade. The result is a knife with a definitive advantage for every home or professional chef.
- Before sharpening, the blades are measured using lasers to ensure accuracy
- Computers calculate the precise sharpening angle for each blade
- Precision robots sharpen the blades on a whetstone
- The knives are given a final polish using a specialized disc
- The quality of forged WÜSTHOF knives producted using the PEtec process is significantly higher than that producted by the standard manual sharpening process.
- Extremely high cutting performance with a 20% sharper edge
- Doubles the edge retention
- Optimum cutting edge along the entire length of the blade
- Unique, consistently high and reproducible quality
The WÜSTHOF Steel
Each WÜSTHOF knife is precision forged from a single piece of chromiummolybdenum vanadium steel. This specialized high carbon, stain-resistant alloy ensures that the critical characteristics of each WÜSTHOF knife are there right from the beginning:
• razor sharp
• long-lasting cutting edge
• high stain resistance
• easily restorable edge
WÜSTHOF knives are the cherished tools of the world’s most distinguished chefs and home cooking enthusiasts, which is why WÜSTHOF is the official partner of the German Chef‘s Association and supplier to the German national team of chefs, as well as other international culinary teams.
- Special Price €79.00 Regular Price €99.00